Friday, June 4, 2010

Oodles of Nuthatches

Red-breasted Nuthatches are daily visitors to my feeders. I've even had baby Nuthatches being fed by a parent before, which is pretty special to see. Today was a little different though because an entire family of Nuthatches showed up! Mom & Pop and 4 babies (I'm pretty sure). The parent birds would pick at the suet and take it to the babies and feed them. It was so darn adorable. Since it was raining out, the little babies would stick close to the trunk of the tree as possible, while waiting on a branch for their food. I wish I could've gotten a photo of the parents feeding the babies, but by the time I got my camera out, the photo opportunity had passed. I did manage however to get a couple of shots through the window of a couple of the babies. I didn't want to open the slider door and scare them all off.


1 comment:

  1. Nuthatches are just adorable!!! We have been having quite a few over here to lately.

    ReplyDelete